We are located on the southwest corner of Fourth and Cincinnati in Downtown Tulsa, with limited reserved parking to the west and south sides of the building in any free space and street parking available to our north on Fourth Street and our east on Cincinnati.
Frederic Dorwart, Lawyers PLLC
Old City Hall
124 East Fourth Street
Tulsa, OK 74103-5027
About the Building
Home to our offices since 1994, the Old City Hall has its own history stretching much further back. The building, officially known as the Tulsa Municipal Building, was completed in 1917, a mere decade after Oklahoma’s admission to the Union. In those early years of statehood, the architectural firm of Rush, Endacott & Rush was asked to design and construct a building to house the city government of Tulsa.
The firm, which was also responsible for the National Bank Building and the Boston Avenue Methodist Church, responded well. The city government remained in the original building from 1917 until 1969, when the growing size of the city forced the government to find a larger office. In 1973 Coleman-Ervin-Johnson converted it into an office building. Its history was not forgotten however, and in 1975 the Tulsa Municipal Building was added to the National Register of Historic Places because of its significance as the long-time seat of Tulsa’s city government.
In addition to its historic function, the Old City Hall is also remarkable for its striking architecture. Built in the Classical style, the building is decked with large Ionic columns in the front and rear and Tuscan columns on the sides. Meanwhile the interior walls are covered with marble. A 26 by 16 foot mural by Delbert L. Jackson reflecting life in Tulsa in 1919 further decorates the building’s lobby.
Additonal information about our historic building appears on the following websites: