Steve Walton is a business lawyer and has been a member of the firm since 2006, when he joined Frederic Dorwart, Lawyers PLLC after 20 years of practice in Texas and New York. His practice involves representing banking, mutual fund, private equity, oil and gas and LNG companies based in the Southwest in domestic and international transactions. In his career Mr. Walton has represented buyers and sellers in over 250 M&A transactions; issuers, underwriters, venture funds, mutual funds and private equity investors in public and private equity and debt financings and restructurings; and public and private companies in domestic and international development projects. He also regularly consults with corporate boards on governance and compliance issues. Mr. Walton graduated first in his class from the University of Kansas Law School, where he was Articles Editor of the Kansas Law Review and was elected to the Order of the Coif. He was the Outstanding US Advocate at the 28th
Annual International Moot Court Competition.
Representative Recent Engagements:
- Excelerate Energy — General Counsel of international LNG company (2006-2020)
- Kaiser-Francis Oil Company — Sale of Summit ESP to Halliburton.
- Argonaut Private Equity — Fund counsel on over 20 acquisitions and divestitures by leading Oklahoma private equity firm.
- George Kaiser Family Foundation — Investment in private equity and venture capital funds in US, Europe, Bermuda, Israel and India.
- Bank of Oklahoma, N.A. — Derivatives trading with customers and market counterparties.