Recognized as a Super Lawyers Oklahoma Rising Star in 2018 and 2019, Kyden Creekpaum advises clients in a variety of matters, including transactions and general litigation. Kyden joined FD Law in 2017 after practicing for eight years at a large international law firm, in that firm's offices in Washington DC and Paris, France. He has extensive experience conducting internal investigations and providing advice with respect to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Bribery Act, and third-party due diligence.
Kyden has conducted in-depth reviews in the oil and gas, banking, and aerospace industries, and has conducted due diligence on third parties on six continents in contexts ranging from government investigations and monitorships to M&A activity and whistleblower allegations. He has written policies and developed and presented training programs for in-house personnel. Kyden has twice been seconded to work with senior executives at large international companies, first to a pan-African bank headquartered in Dubai, and later to a global aerospace and defense company in France.
Recent Select Experience
- General Compliance advice for global energy company, including designing and implementing compliance program policies & procedures, conducting risk assessments, and advice relating to compliance with the FCPA, trade and sanctions regulations, ITAR, etc.
- Conducted internal investigations regarding potential violations of relevant international anti-corruption and anti-competition laws in South America and South Asia for an energy company.
- Represented a publicly-traded company before the U.S. Department of Labor in a SOX whistleblower retaliation claim brought by former executive.
- Assisted in the successful formation of a joint venture between a U.S. energy company and a Middle Eastern state-owned company.
- Represented an energy company with respect to the sale of an LNG vessel.
- Conducted M&A due diligence on a manufacturer of components used in the oil and gas industry.
- Provided advice to non-profit entities with respect to HIPAA and FERPA compliance.
- Conducted contractual negotiations on behalf of a non-profit entity.
- Drafted policies for a non-profit entity.
- Represented oil and gas holding company in a post-bankruptcy dispute regarding overriding royalty interests in wells across the United States.
- Represented publicly-traded company seeking to enforce non-compete and non-solicitation clauses in contracts with former employees.
- Represented a private equity company regarding funding arrangements related to intellectual property rights.
Select Prior Experience
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Presentation, "FCPA and International Practice: Perspectives from an American in Paris," Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA) and the University of Missouri, Kansas City (UMKC) School of Law Continuing Legal Education Department, Paris, August 2014
- "Introduction to the FCPA," International Law & Institutions Course, American University, Washington, DC, taught in Paris March 2013 and November 2012
- Panelist, "NYU/Tufts University 2012 Post-Presidential Election Roundtable," New York University, Paris campus, November 2012
- Speaker, "ESCP-Europe 2012 US Presidential Election Debate," Paris, October 2012
- "Introduction to the FCPA," Global Trafficking Course, The University of Oklahoma, campus in Arezzo, Italy, February 2012
- “After Stryker II, are Per Diems Atop Expenses Always Improper?” The FCPA Blog, Nov. 6, 2018
- "What's Wrong with a Little More Double Jeopardy?," American Criminal Law Review, 44 Am. Crim. L. Rev. 1179 (2008).
- Editor, co-author, "Health Care Fraud," 2008 Annual Survey of White Collar Crime, American Criminal Law Review
- Adjunct professor of law, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Law School, Paris, 2014 - 2015
- Mock trial judge, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne Law School, Paris, Spring 2014
- Board of Directors, Indian Nations Council, Boys Scouts of America, 2020
- Board of Directors, Tulsa Symphony Orchestra, 2018 —
- Board of Trustees, Oklahoma Foundation for Excellence, 2018 –
- Member, Rotary Club of Tulsa
- Board of Directors, Tulsa Global Alliance, 2017 — 2019
- Leadership Tulsa Class 59
- Leadership Tulsa Board Intern, Chamber Music Tulsa, 2018
- Former President, Board of Directors, Sinfonietta Paris Chamber Orchestra, 2012 — 2013